Using a UTM Slot Style Tool
Click the diagram for a larger image.
• Position the base of the tool on the southern grid line. Slide the tool E-W until the target is centered in the slot.
• Read the Easting value for the grid from the edge of the map.
• Read the additional Easting digits from the E-W ruler where it crosses the western grid line.
• Read the Northing value for the grid from the edge of the map.
• Read the additional Northing digits from the N-S ruler where it crosses the target.
Overlays containing UTM Slot Style Tools for several different map scales are available from MapTools.
| Previous | Index | Next |